The Groups facility uses the three Record Level Security permissions - Display, Edit and Delete - to control access to groups:
- Display - determines who can view and retrieve a group.
If a user does not have this permission for a group, they will not see the group in the Restore Group or Save Group boxes.
- Edit - determines who can add, replace or remove records from the group.
- Delete - determines who is allowed to delete a group.
All three permissions can be set in the Groups module:
- Search the Groups module for the group to be modified.
- Select the Security tab:
- Add a user or group to the Security box (click Add to display a list of users / groups and double-click a name).
By default, anyone added to the Security list has the Display permission.
- Click the checkbox for Edit and Delete to determine whether the user / group can edit / delete the group:
- Save the record.
The Display permission can also be set in a group's Group Properties box:
To access the Group Properties box for a group:
- Select Add or Retrieve (Groups) on the Tools tab of the Ribbon in the relevant module.
- Select a group and click Properties to display the group's Group Properties box.
- On the Security tab, double-click a name in the Names list to add it to the Access list.
All users / groups in the Access list have the Display permission and are able to select the group from the various Group boxes: